Telemark binding manufacturer 22 Designs will be dropping its latest iteration of their popular Outlaw NTN binding this fall. So what’s really different about the Outlaw X versus the previous model? We went straight to the source to find the answers and here’s what 22 Designs passed along:
1. How much lighter is it than the original Outlaw?
2 oz lighter per pair. LG: 3 lb 9 oz; SM: 3 lb 6 oz.
2. Can the current Outlaw be retrofitted to become an X?
No. We’ve lengthened the main plate and it attaches differently.
3. Does it ski differently than the original Outlaw?
There’s a little more spring travel with the X, so you may find them a bit smoother.
4. Are there still stiffy and standard springs for the X?
Yes, there’s a stiffy for both sizes.
5. How much easier is it to step into?
Way easier both in and out.