Organizers of the famed Black Shoes Telemark Festival have announced their 25th annual celebration in Tignes, France April 28th through May 1st, 2017. Festivities will include: free telemark parties, race for kids and the longest and highest Classic telemark Race that will start at 3450 meters in altitude.
Tignes has 300kms of ski runs suitable for all levels, from beginner to expert with a maximum altitude of 3456m (top of the Grande Motte cable car).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- This Year the Black Shoes starts Friday 28 April afternoon till Monday 1st May.
- Saturday Free telemark – parties and fun
- Sunday – Race for kids and free telemark
- Monday – The longest and highest Classic telemark Race (Start at 3450 m till the lake at 2000 m, may be till Les Boisses 1800 m) a 5 000 feets race.
- Expect 600 to 800 telemarkers.
For More Information: